Sunday, June 15, 2008

The death of Romanticism !!


Instance 1. “Damn it! It’s Monday!”.....

Instance 2. “Oh god! Do we really have to go for this meeting everyday???”....

Instance 3. “No time! Lot of work! Endless transactions!”....

Instance 4. “I have to work on this excel, and then on 2 more ppts.!!’ ...

Instances galore...

Is this what we have come to finally?

Typical, sans metamorphosis.

Regular, sans the credulous.

Methodical, sans the dubious.

Mediocrity, sans the vertiginous path.

Do I need to I cry out aloud...or have we not yet realized....the absence of the Romantic in our work??!

I do not want problems, I do not want work flows, and I definitely do not want KT.

I want us to be more “on the spur” cracker buddies of info....

Now how do we do that? Sans...realism.?!

Day in and day out we deal with a gamut of mundane chores, not to mention with quite a handful of not-so-mindful people too. And what do we do after that? We look up to movies and sitcoms for succor. We look up to the internet and sites such as these to provide some relief. How come, work can never become what we want everything else to become for us? How come we never think of making it the plush zone of comfort for our nerves? How come creativity and wit have to become the martyrs at the hands of such nerve-wrecking tyranny that we so “unfondly” (if I may use that incorrect word, which so illustrates the want of a better word now) and hatefully call “work”???

Beats me!!

I have the bad reputation of being a non conformist! An eristic of sorts, if you may say...

Isn’t that what this portal should also aim at doing?

What say?

No comments: